Former Nigerian international and Manchester United of England loanee, Odion Jude Ighalo has had his contract extended at the Theatre of Dreams till at least the end of January 2021.
This was announced by the former English Premier League champions on Monday.
The Edo-born former Watford goal poacher has had a blistering start at the club after joining on a six-month loan deal from Chinese Super League club, Shanghai Greenland Shenhua.
Ighalo scored four goals in his first eight games after arriving in an initial deal that ended on May 31.
Ighalo has a current deal with his original owners, until December 2022 and he’s expected to pen a contract extension until at least 2024 according to Sky News.
He has scored two goals each for United in the English FA Cup as well as in the Europa League.
Ighalo is expected to hit the ground running when the English Premier League resumes on June 17.
All football and sport related activities had been on hold in the country following the world ravaging Coronavirus pandemic.
Upon joining the Old Trafford team, Ighalo expressed his satisfaction upon being the first player with Nigerian roots to put on the United Jersey.
He has always expressed his admiration for the Red Devils,revealing that they were his favorite childhood football team.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari