Alex Manninger, former Arsenal goalkeeper has deprecated the current set of Arsenal players.
The back-up goalkeeper who was at the club from 1997 to 2002 has accused them of lack of character and leadership.
The Austrian shot-stopper added that he sees nothing in the club’s current team compared to what he saw in his own teammates at the club.
He added that the current coach, Arteta has the issue of personality to address otherwise, the lacuna in the squad remains forever.
Arsenal lie bottom of the Premier League table having lost their first three games and scoring no single goal.
“I remember the player’s characters like Martin Keown, Tony Adams, Nigel Winterburn, Dennis Bergkamp, all the French players that came in and brought quality, brought leadership in. ” Manninger told talkSPORT.
“[They’re] missing that [now], missing the character of each player.”
“I think they need to look at that, they need to become a team and a hard side to beat again.”
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals
- Over 1m Nigerians Completed Voter Registration in 12 weeks – INEC