Bini, Ijaw Communities Clash in Edo
Unconfirmed number of persons have been reported dead following a communal clash between Obazuwa and Ikoro communities in Edo state.
Daily Report had reported the palpable tension between both communities in recent times.
Two weeks ago, Obazuwa, a Bini community attacked Ikoro, headquarters of Olodiama kingdom, while the Ijaws were celebrating a feast.
The attack attracted condemnation from various stakeholders and groups, most notably the Ijaw Youth Council.
The Western Zone leadership of the IYC had called on Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo state to salvage the situation, while calling on the Binis and Ijaws to sheath their swords for the existence of peace and development.
However, a fresh attack was launched by Obazuwa on Ikoro on Friday morning, Daily Report Nigeria has learnt.
A close source who pleaded anonymity noted that many casualties have been recorded as a result of the attack.
Our source explained that the attack started in the early hours of Friday, and was still on as at the time of filing this report.
“The attack started on Friday early morning, and many people have died,” our source said.
Quizzed on how the clash started on Friday, our said simply said “Obazuwa attacked Ikoro.”
The clash which is an offshoot of the long-brewed tension is hinged on a land dispute between both communities.
The police was yet to comment on the clash as at press time.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me –Ince Lambastes Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari