Tension filled the air on Monday when Hausa traders and Fulani herders engaged in a bloody fight, leaving at least 10 persons injured.
The incident occurred on Monday, August 30, 2021, at the Hausa Market along the Benin – Warri road Amukpe, Sapele,
The report gathered said many lives would have been lost if the police had not arrived early as the squad led by CSP Harrison Nwaboisi stormed the scene to stop the fight.
Although, the herders had caused a lot of damage before the arrival of the police.
According to Advocate.ng, the clash was triggered by the killing of a Hausa boy from Nassarawa who was stabbed on Sunday night when he visited the camp of some Fulani herders close to the market.
It was further gathered that the Hausas, especially those from Nassarawa mobilised and attacked the herders’ settlements in the bush on Monday morning.
The Fulanis responded to the attack by fighting back, resulting in a battle that got people who are neither Hausa nor Fulani running for their lives.
Ibrahim Umoru, one of the traders in the market said the crisis started after an Hausa boy was stabbed by a Fulani man because he was found around their camp,
“maybe he thought the boy came to steal from them, he did not ask why he was there, before attacking him”
“The matter came to us this morning and we can’t just sit down and watch them attack us every time, we want to tell them we are not fools,” he said.
A Fulani herdsman, blamed the Hausas for the fight adding that they are peace-loving people.
The Delta State Police Public Relations Officer, Edafe Bright could not be reached on the issue as ay press time.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike