Brazilian center-back, Marcelo has been axed to the reserves due to his “inappropriate behavior” as was announced by the club on Tuesday.
According to reports from the French media, Marcelo and Lyon are currently in negotiations over the termination of his contract with the club.
Following a statement from the club, the 34-year old behavior and antics in the dressing room were dubbed “inappropriate” after the club’s 3-0 defeat to Angers, in which he scored a terrible own goal.
The Club’s former captain was once in the black book of the fans, as they held a banner showing “clear off” during a UEFA Champions League encounter against Benfica, where the defender came on from the bench.
He became a regular starter at the club and eventually made peace with the supporters last season as the French side finished seventh in Ligue 1.
It was reported the club management has unanimously taken a decision to demote him to the reserves, and has made it known to the player on Monday noon.
The Brazilian has made 170 appearances for the club following his signing in 2017 from Istanbul club Besiktas for a reported €7 million.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari