Miyetti Allah asks Fulani herders to leave Southern states
The Bauchi State Chapter of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders’ Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), has asked its members to vacate the 17 southern states, following the ban on opem grazing by governors in the region.
Sadiq Ibrahim Ahmed, Chairman of MACBAN said: “This is a simple calculation. We are heading for secession. The rulers are no longer interested in the people. If some people are banned from open grazing, there is nothing more. Fulani people should move out from there. It is very simple.
“Must we transport the cattle there? I have said it before. We have an option of breeding our cattle here (North). We are peace lovers. Let them come and buy from us. It is some people’s fault.
“Criminality started in the South. Armed robbery, kidnapping. all started in the South. We have been watching these on television. And if these are being transited to the North, and you know we have a government that is not protecting the Constitution of the nation. Everyone takes laws into his hands.
“The Southern governors can do that. There is no problem, let them do what they want. If the Northern governors feel like, they can also do it too (banning open grazing)…”
Sadiq called on the southern governors to face criminal groups in the region, and let Fulani herders be.
He said: “The President is there as a figurehead. He doesn’t know what he’s doing. He is not controlling anybody. In our country now, everyone does what he feels like. The country is already moving apart. Where is the central government, if some governors can meet and take decisions that are against the Constitution…?”
Sadiq also stated that the solution to Nigeria’s security challenge is for the “President to step aside or for Nigerians to put heads together and elect a credible president in 2023, a leader with focus and competence. Nigeria should get a leader with a good example, who is ready to sacrifice his life for his subjects.”
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari