Angry residents in Ovwian, Udu local government area in Delta state have killed a suspected burglar by setting him ablaze.
According to sources, the suspect was burnt to death on Monday at the popular Ovwian Grammar School compound.
An eyewitnesses narrated that the middle-aged suspected burglar, was caught burgling stores around the area in turns.
He said, “The young man was caught in the act and he was initially beaten to a pulp by youths, including his past victims.
“The man had been the brain behind a series of burglaries of stores in the area; so, it was that anger that the people vented on him.
“While he was being beaten, words got to his aged father, who was said to have disowned him, and the old man affirmed that he was a snare to him and his family.
“On hearing those words from the father, the people set the man ablaze and burnt him to death before the arrival of security personnel.”
The Police Public Relations Officer in the Delta state, Bright Edafe, stated was only notified of the incident but had no details when contacted by news men.
“I heard about it but I don’t have the details yet. I will call the DPO in charge of the area; I can’t confirmed it now,” he stated.
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals
- Over 1m Nigerians Completed Voter Registration in 12 weeks – INEC
- Nigerian Customs To Deploy Drones At Seme Border To Check Smuggling
- States Must be Empowered To Harness Resources, Revenues For Development – Wike
- My Vision For United Nigeria Driving Me Crazy – Okorocha