A mob in Afiesere community, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta state, has set ablaze a suspected thief, who was caught snatching a motorcycle on Monday.
The suspected thief reportedly snatched the newly purchased motorbike after stabbing the owner.
The deceased had forcefully dispossessed the owner of the motorcycle around Iwhrekpokpor roundabout, and was making away with it when the owner raised an alarm.
Other commercial motorcyclists were said to have given the deceased a hot chase and caught up with him around the secondary school in Afiesere.
A mammoth crowd ensued and the angry mob “mobilized and beat him to stupor. They later wore him a tire, poured petrol on him, and set him ablaze,” a source said.
Confirming the incident, the Delta State Police spokesman, Mr. Bright said “because of how it happened, we did not get details.
“The victim whose motorcycle was allegedly stolen has not shown up, but they said that the armed robber stabbed him. He has not come to report and nobody has come to say anything; the motorcycle is already in our custody”.
- BBNaija S6: Saskay Gives a Hints on her Relationship With Cross
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG