As Roma coach, Jose Mourinho won his 1000th game in his managerial career against Sassuolo.
The record was broken yesterday, 12th of September when El Shaarawy scored in the dying moment of the game after coming in from the bench.
The game was still 1-1 going into stoppage-time and it looked as if the two sides would share the spoils.
El Shaarawy however came in to replace Henrikh Mkhitaryan in a tactical substitution and netted the goal which gave their team the edge over the visitor.
Following the victory, Roma players went wild, so did Mourinho who raced down the touchline to join his players.
He even jumped on Abraham as he got stuck into the mass of limbs.
Tammy Abraham, former Chelsea striker’s huge opportunity found go begging when it hit the post two minutes later.
Perhaps, the hosting team would have claimed the victory since that very minute.
Mourinho, speaking to the media after the game said : “During the week, I lied to myself, telling everyone this was not a special game. I was trying to convince myself it was not special. It was a special match.”
“It was a match with a special number for me, which until the last day of my life I will always remember this was the 1,000th game. I was terrified the eternal memory woul d be of a defeat.”
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike