Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC has condemned the killing of Felix Olajide Sowore, brother to former presidential candidate and Sahara Reporters publisher, Omoyele Sowore.
Daily Report Ng reported earlier that Felix, a pharmacy student at Igbinedion University was killed on Saturday.
Reacting, MURIC in a statement signed by its director, Professor Ishaq Akintola, said “We … strongly condemn the killing of Felix Olajide Sowore. What is the crime of this student?
“Why must our young brains be wasted in this manner? This is one killing too many. We call on the Edo Police Command to find his killers without delay, ” the statement added.
“This kind of tragedy should not be happening around this time. We are not unaware of the travails of the victim’s senior brother in the hands of security agencies.
“It saddens our hearts to learn of this heart-breaking calamity around this time. The police must therefore go all out for Felix’s assailants.
“This killing must be condemned by all right-thinking Nigerians. It is a heinous crime. It is wicked, heartless and inexplicable. The killers can run but they cannot hide. The long arms of the law must catch them.”
- Police Arrest Fake Military Officer With AK-49 Riffle
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra