Popular Nigerian Afrobeats singer, Femi Kuti, has revealed why his father, the legendary Fela Anikulapo Kuti, never gave him sound education.
During a recent media interview, Femi revealed that Fela never sent him to school because he wanted to use him as an experiment so as to prove that people could be successful without acquiring formal education.
According to Femi, though his father was great, one of his faults however was his (Fela) refusal to send him to school, an experiment which he believed was very risky.
Femi in his words said;
“Yes Fela was great. But Fela did have faults. But one of the faults is that Fela wanted to use me as an experiment. His excuse was that I would be successful without going to school.
“And his mother, my mother, everybody, just freaked out. No! When I became successful he was like, ‘Didn’t I tell you? Me that went through that experiment I know it was very risky.”
Speaking further, Femi disclosed that it was because he didn’t want same to happen to his son, Made,whom he discovered was gifted from onset, why he made sure he studied music abroad.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals
- Over 1m Nigerians Completed Voter Registration in 12 weeks – INEC