A pro Niger Delta group known as NIGER DELTA CREEK MOVEMENT, has thrown it’s weight behind the ultimatum issued to the Nigeria’s federal government by High Chief Government Oweizide Ekpemupolo alias Tompolo.
Tompolo had issued 7 Days Ultimatum President Muhammadu Buhari and the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs Sen Godswill Akpabio, to inaugurate a substantive board for the Niger Delta Development Commission or witness a total shutdown of all oil facilities in the region.
President of NDCM, Timipre Ndoni in a statement sent to Daily Report Nigeria, called on the government to inaugurate the NDDC) board with immediatel effect.
“We abide by all four points stated clearly by Tompolo and there is nothing more the government should do other than to constitute the NDDC board for total peace in the region.”
The group also lamented the rising levels of insecurity in the country, and called on the government to avert creating chaos in the Niger Delta.
“Nigeria’s present insecurity problem is not a secret affair, a lot of atrocities are ongoing such as assassination, kidnapping and bandits burning down communities in the north, middle belt and killings in the East.
“These happenings are threatening our existence as a people. The Niger Delta has remained peaceful in the middle of these issues, maintaining it’s status quo as the live wire of Nigeria. The federal government must do all it can to avoid breakdown of law and order in the region,” Timi warned.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari