President Muhammadu Buhari has sacked the Prof Kemebradikumo Daniel Pondei-led Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Daily Report Nigeria can confirm.
The IMC’s sack was contained in a statement signed by the President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina on Saturday night.
Buhari however, appointed Mr Effiong Okon Akwa, who was the Acting Executive Director on Finance and Administration of the sacked IMC board, as interim administrator of the NDDC.
Buhari said the interim administrator will oversee the ongoing forensic audit of the commission to its completion.
According to the statement, the board was sacked in order to bring to an end to the excess litigations that trailed the Pondei-Led IMC board.
The statement reads;
“President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of an interim administrator to oversee the affairs of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
“He is Mr Effiong Okon Akwa, the Ag. Executive Director, Finance and Administration of the Commission, who is to assume headship till completion of the forensic audit.
“Mr Akwa is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.”
“The development became necessary as a result of plethora of litigation and a restraining order issued recently against the Interim Management Committee of the NDDC by a Federal High Court in Abuja”, the statement said.
The dissolution of the board also terminates the appointment of Dr. Cairo Ojougboh as Director of Projects for the NDDC.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari