Recently freed Commissioner for information in Niger state, Sani Idris has narrated what he went through while in captivity.
Speaking during a TVC programme on Friday, Idris said neither did anyone rescue him nor ransom was paid.
“We thank God for everything, but it is not an experience that I will pray for even my worst enemy. It was dehumanising; it was humiliating; it was degrading — just name it. But we thank God for scaling through,”
“They took me to a no man’s land, in the middle of nowhere and I was there exposed to the rains for 48 hours with neither food nor water given to me, with my hands and legs tied just to break me. But in the long run, God was there for me and I was able to remain focused and I was able to remain sane. We thank God for that favour.
“They explained to me that they see my own as a high profile kidnap and they planned it very well. They came with their team from everywhere to ensure that they succeed.”
“I was not rescued and I didn’t pay any ransom. Nobody paid any ransom. It was just miraculous. When they started, they were very hard on me. They pushed me to a limit that you will never expect a human being to still be resilient,”
“But I give God the glory. Even when they were beating me, I was talking to them that they should have a rethink about this thing they are doing. They think that this thing they are doing is welcomed, and it is favoured in the sight of Allah, in the sight of humanity.
“Instead of breaking me, I started breaking them. They gave me bread; they started giving me water. They untied me and they began to show concern. Even when we were exposed to the rains, in the night, they will sleep in the rain and then they will allow me to use a tarpaulin to cover myself.
“In the long run, I believe it was a miracle. God touched their hearts and they felt I should just go to my family.”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari