Ex-chief security officer to Sani Abacha, Hamza Al-Mustapha has said Nigeria doesn’t have any excuse for inadequate power supply.
Al-Mustapha said this during an interview with NAN on Sunday, noting that Nigeria is blessed with abundant resources that should reflect in its power supply.
“Up till this moment, electricity supply in Nigeria is still very very expensive compared to other countries in spite of the fact that we have all it takes to have one of the most stable and cheap power supply in the world,” Al Mustapha said.
“We have the resources in abundance, we have coal and gas, we have solar energy in abundance because we are near the equator, we don’t have any excuse for power failure in Nigeria.
“Many countries situated far from the equator are using solar for power, yet we are suffering in darkness.
“We have hydro and gas resources in abundance and yet electricity generation and transmission in Nigeria is one of the most expensive in the world.”
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju