Chairman of the Kaduna chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Joseph Hayab has opined the presidency should not be about region or age.
Hayab, in a statement issued on Monday in Kaduna, said Nigerians should consider competent leader who can unite the citizens
“Nigerians today simply need a leader that can deliver the goods, unite the nation and take us out of our economic woes and insecurity challenges,”
“Those coming out to talk about the age and region of our next president are only out to start an agenda that will further divide us and put Nigeria in a more difficult situation.
“Our association, therefore, wishes to warn the nation against these unhealthy moves and also to appeal to Nigerians not to allow these short-sighted and selfish considerations to becloud our reasoning.
“We have elected leaders in the past because of some of this consideration but only ends with regrets and lack of progress.
“Those who have been misleading us with these parochial views anytime elections are around the corners have started a new game which we must all resist and never give them space.
“How long should we allow our country to be dancing back and forth when looking for a genuine leader? Every citizen that truly loves this country knows that we have suffered too long and need to shine our eyes.
“The age of whoever will become Nigeria’s leader should never be an issue for debate because Nigerians must never allow anyone that does not have good leadership credentials and capacity to be her leader just because he is a young or old person.
“Our concern should be for us all to look for a good and detribalised Nigerian who can fight insecurity, stop corruption, make the country move forward.”
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi