Minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed has said the Moderna vaccine is safe, and has been approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO), and administered globally.
The minister asked Nigerians to disregard the speculation that Nigeria is being used as a testing ground and Nigerians as guinea pigs for the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
Mohammed made this clarification while Speaking during an interview with NAN on Wednesday.
He said “Nigerians are extremely futile in imagination. They will make statements that are baseless and not proved by science,”
“Those who are saying this, is Nigeria the only country where Moderna vaccine is being administered? the answer is No.
“They should stop this nonsense, because this kind of fake news is capable of discouraging people from taking the vaccine.”
“COVID 19 is real and the Delta variant is in Nigeria because we have been witnessing increase in cases due to the variant that we have identified in many states,” he said.
“The variant is very virulent, highly transmissible, and it kills easily and faster.
“The only two ways for Nigerians to protect themselves is by taking the vaccine and observing the non-pharmaceutical protocols.
“If you have taken your dose, don’t think you are free to go about without wearing face mask and attending rallies and parties.
“I sincerely hope that Nigerians will realise that prevention is better than cure.’’
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike