A Nigerian footballer, Kelvin Odenigbo, who plies his professional football trade with Belarusian outfit, FC Vitebsk, has been found dead after drowning in a lake.
The Belarusian Premier League club in a statement released, said the corpse of the 20-year-old striker was found on Saturday, June 5 by the lake Beloye, a tourist destination in the Vitebsk region.
“We express our sincere condolences to the family and friends of the football player. The football club Vitebsk reports that on June 5, 2021, on the lake Beloye, in the area of the tourist base Verasy, OSVOD employees found the drowned Kelvin Odenigbo.
“We will publish all official information as it becomes available. We express our sincere condolences to the family and friends of the football player, as well as to all the fans of the team,” the statement read
Odenigbo joined the club on loan from Nigerian National League side, Rockets FC, at the end of last season before making the switch permanent for the 2021/22 season.
He featured for sixth-placed Vitebsk, scoring one goal in four appearances.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari