A young Nigerian tech genius, David Gbodi has died in his sleep seven days after winning a $125 million (approximately N69billion) contract from the United States government,
The deceased’s brother identified as Stephen Odaibo, revealed on LinkedIn that David died in his sleep. He is suspected to have suffered a cardiac arrhythmia/heart attack in his sleep.
“My brother passed away yesterday. My heart is broken. He was fully vaccinated and did not have covid. He and I were so close. David was kind, gentle, brilliant, and humble.
“He had a PhD in Computer Engineering and was a Kaggle Grandmaster, the highest attainable skill level in practical Machine Learning.
“He introduced me to AI. The algorithm he wrote for automatically detecting threats at Airports just won a $125 Million contract from Department of Homeland security about 1 wk ago.
“His code beat out companies backed by Billions of dollars. So in the future when you safely fly the skies, please remember my brother David. Our hearts are broken. My poor parents 😢, his wife and two young children. His 4 siblings.
“We are devastated. David and I were tremendously aligned in our interests and would often talk for hours. Our connection was rare and precious. We ended phone conversations with “love you.”
“Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them. Though there may be sorrow in the night, joy comes in the morning. I’m comforted that David is with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” Stephen wrote.
- Aston Villa Ensures Man Utd’s 2 Conscutive Home Defeats in Just 4 days
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend