Minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi says the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is not a revenue generating agency.
He said the agency was set up to act as a regulator of maritime safety and security.
Amaechi’s position was contained in a statement issued by the ministry’s director of press and public relations, Eric Ojiekwe.
The Minister said this at the final session of the 5-day National Council on Transportation (NCT), held in Kano state.
NAN quoted Amaechi to have said: “People put NIMASA under pressure that they must make money; make money for what, NIMASA actually is a regulatory authority, not for them to go and look for money,”
“The people that should be making money and they must hear it now is the Nigeria Ports Authority. It is their responsibility to make money.
”NIMASA should therefore focus on being a regulatory authority on issues of safety and security of our waterways.”
- BREAKING: Army to Punish Female Soldier For Dehuminizing Corp Member
- BREAKING: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Enrolling WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel