The Department of State Services (DSS) has denied arresting any Channels Television journalist.
Earlier on Thursday, some unconfirmed reports had it that two journalists working with Channels Television were allegedly arrested by the DSS over a recent interview on President Muhammadu Buhari.
The reports of the arrest came on the heel of a query issued to Channels TV by the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) over a recent interview he had with governor of Benue state, Samuel Ortom.
But reacting to the alledged arrest, spokesman to DSS, Peter Afunanya said no journalist was taken into custody.
He said “The attention of the DSS has been drawn to news making the rounds in some sections of the media that its operatives earlier today (26th August, 2021) arrested two (2) journalists of Channels Television. This is false and misleading. Fake news peddlers should shun the act,”
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi