Presidential Pardon Joshua Dariye
The Movement For A New Arewa, a Northern coalition group, has pleaded with President Muhammadu Buhari to grant the former governor of Plateau State Governor, Joshua Dariye, presidential forgiveness.
The group’s National President, Abdulkareem Bayero, and its National Secretary, Abdulahi Musa, made the request in a press statement issued to journalists in Kaduna on Thursday.
In the statement, the group pointed out that Joshua Dariye, who has been in prison since the beginning of the current administration, needs to breathe the fresh air of citizenship.
The organization emphasized that if the North is to reclaim its former splendor, people like Dariye must be freed from prison and participate in the peace-building process.
Recall that Dariye was found guilty of criminal breach of trust and sentenced to ten years in prison by the Supreme Court in March.
“Peace can only be achievable, if the broken and burnt bridges of friendship, brotherhood and a healing process by all those who have been hurt, injured and aggrieved, among the various ethnic nationalities the likes of Hausa Fulani, Tiv, Birom Gbagyi and others, come together in a round table to discuss the way forward and towards finding a lasting solution to addressing prevailing insecurity that has destroyed the North.
“We must strive by all means to foster and forge unity and peace towards achieving a united north and by extension a united Nigerian as a people,” the group said.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari