Norwich City has reached an agreement with Werder Bremen for striker Josh Sargent.
The 21-year-old goal poacher will fly to England to undergo his medical following the agreement.
Though the medical might not happen until Monday, Sargent won’t make Bremen’s squad for their German Cup clash with VfL Osnabruck on Saturday.
Werder’s Sporting Director, Frank Baumann said of Sargent that they are about to finalize a transfer with a foreign club.
Sargent was one of few players to come out of Bremen’s 2020-21 season. He was also among the few that ended in relegation with any credit. Josh was Bremen’s top scorer last season with seven goals. According to his records, he has begun the new term in solid form by scoring twice in a 3-2 win at Fortuna Dusseldorf last week.
Josh scored seven goals in all competitions and hit the target twice on the opening day of the Bundesliga season last weekend.
Also, at the international level, Sargent was part of the U.S. squad that won the CONCACAF Nations League this summer, starting at the top of Gregg Berhalter’s attack in all games.
His current club, Werder Bremen were relegated to the second tier of German football last season. The club has been looking to retain Sargent’s services or earn a €10 million fee.
CBS Sports divulged last month that Bremen had turned down one offer for his services from Norwich. At the end of it all, the USMNT star would move on after his side’s relegation.
His arrival at Carrow Road would give Norwich Head Coach Daniel Farke further options. He now has two choices for center forward, Teemu Pukki or Josh.
On the Canaries’ transfer business earlier this week, Farke said that he is pretty confident the club will have further additions, and at the end of August, he thinks they will be in a good situation.
Sargent’s first appearance was in the United States under-14 camp in 2013. The Soccer Governing Association called him for the United States under-15 that same year.
Josh went on to set a record as the fourth-youngest player to score for the United States. After Freddy Adu, Sargent is the second American player to play in both the under-17 and under-20 World Cups in the same year.
In February 2019, Sargent agreed to a “long-term” contract extension with the club, Werder Bremen, but as it is now, he will ply his trade at Norwich this season.
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents