‘Not Sure’ of Iheanacho’s Penalty
Leicester City’s goalie Kasper Schmeichel feels the penalty awarded to his team, is not sure the referee made the right call.
The Super Eagles forward Iheanacho robbed of the ball from Nathan Ake, but ended up being fouled by the Dutch defender in the 18-yards box. Initially, the referee gave an advantage play to the Foxes, following City’s goalie save to deny Patson Daka, he blew his whistle and gave a penalty.
Read Also: Top Matches in Europe as Football Sea son Resumes This Weekend
Kelechi Iheanacho scored the penalty and won Leicester City their first trophy of the 2021/22 season.
Reacting to the penalty incident, Schmeichel said he isn’t sure about the penalty. In his statement quoted by Leicester Mercury, he said;
“I thought we passed through them quite well in the first half, and then we got the goal at the end,”
“I am not sure about the [penalty] ruling, but I am biased towards goalkeepers. We get the chance and their goalkeeper makes the save, but then there is the penalty, so you are getting two chances, two bites of the cherry almost.
“I feel for their keeper, he has made a great save, but that is secondary; winning is the most important thing for us.”
The Dane added that he believes his team can win more trophies this season, saying;
“We are delighted; we will never get tired of lifting trophies. It’s something we want to do,”
“It is something we want to try to do, to get into the habit of playing in these games, so we are delighted. I have great memories here, and it is excellent to lift the trophy; you could see what it means to the players and fans.
“We are not going out to prove ourselves [against the big six] because we know what a good team we can be. We are a struggle for any team,” He also added.
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller