Kogi State Command of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, has apprehended a trailer loaded with adulterated petroleum products along with three suspects in the state.
While parading the suspects at the command’s headquarters in Lokoja on Monday, the commander, Peter Maigari, said his men made the arrest around 5p.m. on March 4, 2021.
According to maigari, criminals have become sophisticated in their modus operandi, to evade arrest. He added that it took the eagle eyes of the anti-vandal unit of NSCDC to uncover the petroleum products neatly wrapped in polythene bags and covered with bags of sawdust.
An escort of the goods reportedly escaped, said the commander, who vowed to ensure that all those behind the crime were arrested and prosecuted.
The commandant explained that the NSCDC in Kogi was able to use Alternative Conflict Resolution (ACR) to resolve herders-farmers’ clashes in the state.
He added that the command achieved a lot under his watch, with many criminal cases under investigation and prosecution, promising to turn the heat against criminals within his jurisdiction until they repent.
Driver of the trailer, 25-year-old Mustapha Mohammed, a native of Potiskum in Yobe State, said he was not aware of the content of the consignment, that he was only called to load it from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, for delivery to Suleja in Niger State.
Also denying knowledge of the owner of the consignment, he said the escort, who ran away on sighting the security personnel, contracted him for the job.
Maigari called on the public to avail security agencies of credible information to stem insecurity across the country, promising to make Kogi safe for law-abiding citizens.
- Breaking: Buhari Approves Appointment Of Usman Alkali As Acting IGP
- Woman Discovers Her Son’s Bride is Her Long Lost Daughter of 20-Years
- Learn From Afonja’s Mistake, Group Tells S’East Govs
- It’s Rude To Keep Bibles In Hotel Rooms – Bisi Alimi
- We Give You 7 Days To Leave Calabar – Group Tells Igbo
- Easter: Joy as Engr Uti Donates Food Items For Widows, Widowers in Ogulagha
- There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits In Zamfara, Five Other Northern States – Gov Matawalle
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Women Same Day
- CCT Chairman Assaults Security Officer in Abuja, Says ‘The Guard Was Rude’
- Don’t listen to anyone telling you to have kids without a job – Reno Omokri