The Aare Onakakanfo of Yoruba land, Iba Gani Adams, has described as “wrong,” some methods being adopted for the actualisation of Yoruba Nation by the self-a claimed freedom fighter, Sunday Igboho.
Chief Gani Adams, however called on prominent Yoruba leaders to rally round Igboho against persecution.
He made this call while addressing a gathering in a video circulating online.
His words: “I beg the Ooni of Ife, the Alake of Egba and all other Yoruba leaders. If a son offends his father, the father will forgive him. Let us unite to use another method for our liberation. We are not saying we should adopt Sunday Igboho’s method.
“Most of Sunday Igboho’s method are wrong. I told him that his methods are wrong. But God has used him on the agitation for Yoruba Nation. He has played his own role and he will still play more roles. We should not let him be killed or persecuted.
“As the Aare Onakakanfo, I am begging you. Assuming he and his followers had not insulted me before, you will say that is why I’m saying this. But a leader without the spirit of forgiveness is an enemy of God. I beg the governors too.
“Sunday Igboho should caution his talkative followers so that they won’t put him into trouble,” he said.
“I told him sometimes ago that those people surrounding him are agents of a politician in Lagos. I told him it is better to train your trusted soldiers than to hire mercineries who will later go for the highest bidder.
“You supporters, you have done enough. Don’t cause more damages to this freedom fight. Let the elders wade in. Even if any Oba or leader talk against you, don’t abuse them. Let’s begin to preach our gospel to win more souls.
“You said you wanted to go and open border. That will be the beginning of war. You don’t need to say that. It will be counterproductive. You don’t have war materials, you were molesting the Army, counterproductive. You said if 1,000 policemen visited your house, hardly will 100 return. You don’t need all that. Propaganda should not be too much in self-determination.
“I beg all Yorubas, let’s rally round him and support him.
“At this position I am now, I can’t be jumping up and down like him. But any statement I issue is more powerful than that in 10 years. I sit on a strategic institution in the entire Yoruba and I must be conscious of my behaviours so that I will not disappoint the institution. The institution has been in existence in the past 500 years.
“Our youths, let’s be coordinated, let’s be strategic,” Gani Adams said, saying he stands with Yoruba Nation.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals