Director-general of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has expressed her appreciation for the “wise counsel” of Kamala Harris, US vice-president, in the aftermath of their call on the need for reforms in the global trade body.
In a tweet on Friday, Kamala Harris said: “l spoke with WTO Director General Dr Okonjo-Iweala. We agreed to advancing international trade for recovery and equitable economic growth.
“We discussed human rights, investing in the environment, health, and technology to spur development and prosperity for the American people.”
Subsequently, Okonjo-Iweala tweeted: “Thank you Madam Vice President Kamala Harris @VP for a great conversation on the way forward on @WTO reform. Your encouragement and wise counsel is much appreciated.”
- Breaking: Buhari Approves Appointment Of Usman Alkali As Acting IGP
- Woman Discovers Her Son’s Bride is Her Long Lost Daughter of 20-Years
- Learn From Afonja’s Mistake, Group Tells S’East Govs
- It’s Rude To Keep Bibles In Hotel Rooms – Bisi Alimi
- We Give You 7 Days To Leave Calabar – Group Tells Igbo
- Easter: Joy as Engr Uti Donates Food Items For Widows, Widowers in Ogulagha
- There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits In Zamfara, Five Other Northern States – Gov Matawalle
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Women Same Day
- CCT Chairman Assaults Security Officer in Abuja, Says ‘The Guard Was Rude’
- Don’t listen to anyone telling you to have kids without a job – Reno Omokri