A member of Islamic Movement Of Nigeria, IMN, Muhsin Abdallah was feared killed on Tuesday when the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command dispersed protesting members of the Islamic sect at Maitama, Abuja.
IMN alleged that the Abdallah was killed by stray bullets fired by the police operatives while many others sustained injuries.
The spokesperson of IMN, Ibrahim Musa, alleged that “the police fired at the Shi’ites procession killing Muhsin Abdallah and injuring scores of others.”
Members of the IMN were demanding the release of their detained leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, and his wife when the incident occurred.
However, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) police command in a statement signed by the command spokesperson, Mariam Yusuf, said some members of IMN went on a rampage, destroying public property and attacking innocent citizens including police officers with stones and other dangerous objects.
“Unfortunately, the members of the disbanded sect went on a rampage destroying public property and attacking innocent citizens including Police Officers with stones and other dangerous objects.
“In view of the above, the Command wishes to state that it will not condone any form of attack on its personnel, equipment or other public property,” the statement read in part.
- Breaking: Buhari Approves Appointment Of Usman Alkali As Acting IGP
- Woman Discovers Her Son’s Bride is Her Long Lost Daughter of 20-Years
- Learn From Afonja’s Mistake, Group Tells S’East Govs
- It’s Rude To Keep Bibles In Hotel Rooms – Bisi Alimi
- We Give You 7 Days To Leave Calabar – Group Tells Igbo
- Easter: Joy as Engr Uti Donates Food Items For Widows, Widowers in Ogulagha
- There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits In Zamfara, Five Other Northern States – Gov Matawalle
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Women Same Day
- CCT Chairman Assaults Security Officer in Abuja, Says ‘The Guard Was Rude’
- Don’t listen to anyone telling you to have kids without a job – Reno Omokri