The National Association of Nigerian Students, Lagos state chapter, has described open grazing and banditry as bigger threats to Nigeria than social media platform, Twitter.
The students therefore, called on the President Muhammadu Buhari led Federal Government to lift the ban placed on Twitter with immediate effect.
This was contained in a statement jointly signed by Chairman, Joint Campus Committee in Lagos State, Olalere Moshood; and Tomomewo Seunfunmi, the Public Relations Officer, titled ‘Twitter Ban: You are pushing us to the wall’.
The students have vowed to shut down Lagos, the commercial nerve of the country, over the continuous infringement on the rights of citizens.
The Lagos NANS Chairman argued that President Muhammadu Buhari is becoming unpopular with its ill-birthed ideas and policies which do not conform to the 21st century realities.
He wrote, “Twitter has been a source of living to many students who fend for themselves and their family, then what becomes of them when that source is gone.
“The Federal Government should have issued a warning instead of banning what has become a way of life to youths across the state and the nation at large. There are more pressing issues on the table like the banning of open grazing; rather you took Twitter as a bigger security threat than the general issues.
“You can’t be more powerful than the people who voted for you, ban open grazing, not Twitter to show how serious you are.”
The student leader, however, hinted that they may shut down the state if the issues concerning security and infringement of rights are not addressed.
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju