The Deputy Governor of Delta State, Barr Kingsley Otuaro has condoled with the family of S.Y Mamamu, who died on the early hours of Friday, September 10, 2021.
The revered peace builder took to his official Facebook page to pay his respect to the former Western Zone Chairman of the Ijaw National Congress, INC.
Otuaro described the late elder statesman as someone who “served Ijaw Nation with great faith and commitment.”
Otuaro’s statement reads;
“I woke up this morning to the sad news of the passing of a father, leader and an Elder Statesman, Chief (Dr.) S.Y Mamamu. The late Chief (Dr.) S.Y Mamamu was one-time Chairman of the Ijaw National Congress (INC) Western Zone who served the Ijaw Nation with great faith and commitment.
“His works of community service and peace-building will forever be missed.
“My heart and prayers are with the family and Ijaw nation he served. May God grant the soul of the departed eternal rest!”
Until his death, S.Y Mamamu was the President Odidi Federated Community Elders Council, and National Leader of OML 42 Host Communities.
He also was the Torudiwei of Ogbe-Ijoh Warri Kingdom and the Founder and General Overseer of God’s Ministry (C.G.S) Int. Inc, Salvation City, New Ogbe-Ijoh, Indoun Tamarau-ama in Warri South West Local Government Area of Delta State.
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller