Pastor Sentenced to Life Imprisonment For Raping Teenager
The pastor of Adoration Ministry, Karshi, Abuja, Stephen Kalu has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a Federal High Court.
Kalu who was arraigned before the court on Wednesday, on a two-count charge of rape was issued the sentence by Justice Peter Kekemeke of the FCT High Court, Nyanya, for raping a 17- year-old girl.
The prosecution counsel, Donatus Abah said the convict had carnal knowledge of the teenager on October 28, 2018 at his residence in Karshi, Abuja, without her consent, an act contrary to section 31 (1) of the Child’s Right Act and punishable under 31 (2) of the same Act.
Kekemeke in his delivery, held that the prosecuting counsel had proved his case beyond reasonable doubt, saying the law must take it’s due course.
According to the Judge, the defendant admitted sleeping with the girl several times, resulting in a pregnancy and the birth of a baby girl and promised to marry her.
”The defendant is found guilty on count one and accordingly convicted”, the judge ruled.
In sentencing the defendant, Kekemeke said that the section he was charged attracted a punishment of life imprisonment.
”Our society, especially this division of the court, has seen several cases of rape. It is a pathetic situation, the system must be expunged of rapists, our children need protection from our courts.
”The law is already there, the same defendant committed a similar offence of rape while on bail, during the period of this case. He is a danger to our children, I have no choice, the defendant is hereby sentenced to life imprisonment,” he ruled.
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju