The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has asked the President Muhammadu Buhari, to respond to allegations that certain officials and individuals close to the Presidency defrauded Nigeria of the sum of N51 billion out of which N2.5 billion was allegedly wired to a family member.
The PDP said this in a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan.
The statement read in part, “The Buhari Presidency should not pretend not to be aware that the media is awash with reports that a known confidant of Mr. President and certain officials of the Nigerian Customs defrauded our nation to the tune of N51 billion under a hazy “Revenue Assurance Fund”, out of which N2.5 billion was reported to have been transferred to a foundation allegedly owned by a female member of the President’s immediate family.
“This close confidant, who is alleged to be fronting for certain individuals close to the President in scandalous contracts running into billions of naira in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) among other government agencies, was arrested at Heathrow Airport in the United Kingdom in 2019, for alleged passport scam and laundering of 200,000 pounds allegedly belonging to a particular relation of Mr. President.
“On the EFCC scandal, the Buhari Presidency should come clean on how the anti-graft agency was hijacked to become an instrument of treasury looting and corrupt enrichment for fraudulent friends and officials of the Buhari administration
“It is indeed appalling that such impunity and barefaced looting are going on under an administration that came into governance with an assurance of fighting corruption, only to end up swimming in an ocean of corruption
“The PDP asks the Buhari Presidency to end its silence as the issues are already in the public domain, with Nigerians demanding for investigations.
“The PDP, therefore, demands that the Buhari Presidency should order an immediate and open investigation into the allegations into these duplicitous enterprises for which persons connected to the Presidency have again been mentioned.”
- Breaking: Buhari Approves Appointment Of Usman Alkali As Acting IGP
- Woman Discovers Her Son’s Bride is Her Long Lost Daughter of 20-Years
- Learn From Afonja’s Mistake, Group Tells S’East Govs
- It’s Rude To Keep Bibles In Hotel Rooms – Bisi Alimi
- We Give You 7 Days To Leave Calabar – Group Tells Igbo
- Easter: Joy as Engr Uti Donates Food Items For Widows, Widowers in Ogulagha
- There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits In Zamfara, Five Other Northern States – Gov Matawalle
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Women Same Day
- CCT Chairman Assaults Security Officer in Abuja, Says ‘The Guard Was Rude’
- Don’t listen to anyone telling you to have kids without a job – Reno Omokri