The All Progressives Congress(APC) has accused an unnamed governor of a state in the North-West region of having ties with bandits and fueling insecurity across the region.
The allegation was contained in a statement titled “Investigate intelligence report linking North-west governor to banditry”, APC charges security agencies,’ signed by the Ag. Deputy Publicity Secretary of the party, Yekini Nabena.
He further labeled the increasing spate of banditry in the North-West has politically-motivated and was exacerbated by the alleged sponsorship of the governor in question.
However, Nabena did not reveal the name of the accused governor, quoting the sensitive nature of the report as his reason for withholding the name.
Nabena revealed the statement was a direct response to a protest by supporters of the PDP at the Legacy House in Maitama District of Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.
He said,“The All Progressives Congress has challenged security agencies to investigate an intelligence report linking a North-west governor to the heightened cases of banditry, abductions and other violent crimes in the zone.
“The party also warned the opposition Peoples Party against politicising the abduction of schoolboys in Katsina state.”
Nabena said, “Our security agencies have intelligence reports linking one of the North-West governors of colluding and sponsoring the violent and criminal activities of bandits in the zone. I won’t give details because of the sensitive and security nature of the issue.
“However, relevant security agencies must as a matter of urgency investigate the report and determine its veracity. Human life is not what we should play political chess games with.
“We must shun enemies of the country including the PDP who seek political gains from issues of insecurity.
“Our security agencies must also be alert to plots to further destabilise the North-west region and frustrate the quick and safe release of students abducted following late Kankara Katsina State: Student kidnapping for (GSSS Kankara Katsina State) secondary school.”
Attempts to get a response from the PDP were futile.
- Oyedepo Backs Regulation of Social Media
- EFCC Will Prosecute Uzor Kalu Again, Says Bawa
- One Student Killed as Troops Rescue Five Abducted From Kebbi School
- COVID Cases in Africa Increased by 52% in One Week, May Get Worse – WHO
- Police: Van Used To Kidnap Kebbi Students Belongs To a Judge — Bandits Hijacked it From Him
- Buhari is Not Sick, He Moved Round Borno For Six Hours – Ali Ndume
- Insecurity: I Feel Safer in Maiduguri Than Abuja – Ndume
- I Don’t Think Gunmen Who Attacked my School Are Nigerians, Says Kebbi Student
- EndSARS protester, Nicolas Mbah regains freedom after spending several months in kirikiri prison
- Uzodimma Seeks Additional State For South East, Defends Buhari on Restructuring