A group known as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Action 2023, has called on the party’s 2019 presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar not to run for the presidency in 2023.
In a statement on Wednesday, Rufus Omeire, the group’s chairman, accused Atiku of abandoning the party after he lost the 2019 election.
The statement read “It is very shameful that since he lost the presidential election, he moved to Dubai, abandoning all members of PDP, all the stakeholders, and millions of ordinary Nigerians who voted for him and PDP in 2019,”
“It is a betrayal of trust for Abubakar to neglect the feelings and sacrifices of ordinary voters who supported him and PDP in 2019. Now, 2023 elections are once again at hand, he has returned and started politicking once again. Apparently, the only thing he is very good at is politics.
“Also, he is widely considered detached from the PDP any time the party is in turbulence, but only gets active in party affairs when it’s about time for presidential nominations.
“Several groups and individuals in the PDP have accused him of abandoning them shortly after he lost the 2019 presidential election.
“As the PDP was embroiled in crisis two weeks ago, one would have thought that as the last flag bearer of the party, that he would stay engaged to find a solution.
“He rather travelled to Morocco to see his new wife. Of course, he is entitled to his family life and privileges. We think that time has come for Abubakar to step aside and allow others, preferably the younger generation, to step forward.
“He can be asked to take the position of the chairman, PDP Board of Trustees, where he will play an advisory role to younger politicians, as an elder statesman.”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me –Ince Lambastes Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari