The National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, Uche Secondus has been suspended by the party in Ward 5, Ikuru town, Andoni Local Government Area of Rivers State.
The Ward Chairman of the Party, George Christopher, announced Secondus’ suspension at the party’s extraordinary meeting at the PDP Secretariat at Ikuru town, Andoni Local Government Area.
According to Christopher, 11 out of 17 executive members endorsed the suspension of the National Chairman.
The suspension is attributed to failure on the part of Secondus to attract development to the area despite his high political profile and inability to manage the party.
“The Ward executive of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ward 5, Ikuru town, and the leaders met on the 31st of August, 2021 issues that affect the party.
“Suspension of Prince Uche Secondus was done by the Ward executive after a duly constituted Ward meeting called by the Secretary on the instructions of the Chairman, according to the Constitution of our great party,” Christopher said.
Former chairman of Andoni LGA and chairman, Disciplinary Committee in the Ward, Benson Alpheous, also noted that Secondus was suspended for disobeying the party’s decision for him to step down as national chairman.
“Until further notice, our brother, Prince Uche Secondus remains suspended. I want to thank you for coming and again, reaffirm the suspension of Uche Secundus.
“For now, until you hear from us again, Prince Uche Secondus remain suspended,” he added.
The River State PDP Chairman, Desmond Akawor, and Secondus’ could not be reached for comments.
Secondus is a prominent politician from Andoni in Rivers State. He was a former Chairman of the PDP in Rivers and a former National Organising Secretary of the party.
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi