The Peoples Democratic Party has called on the Department of State Services and related security agencies to invite the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio, for questioning.
Daily Report Nigeria understand the PDP’s call is motivated by claims by the former lawmaker that widespread insecurity experienced in the country is politically motivated.
The PDP believes the minister will expose politicians under the umbrella of the ruling All Progressives Congress, to enable security agencies checkmate the series of killings and kidnappings across Nigeria.
The call was contained in a statement titled, ‘Terrorism: Invite Akpabio for Questioning, PDP Urges DSS,’ and signed by the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Kola Ologbondiyan, in Abuja, on Friday.
According to the PDP, “there is a self-professed evidence that Senator Akpabio is privy to certain terrorism related information which he must be made to share with the DSS as well as other security agencies.
“Our party’s position is predicated on comments made by Senator Akpabio at the APC national secretariat in Abuja on Thursday that the acts of terrorism in our country are ‘politically motivated’ and that they are handiwork of infiltrators from neigbouring countries.
“It is instructive to state that Senator Akpabio’s revelation provides more insight into the alleged affiliation of APC leaders with terrorist elements, who had reportedly infiltrated our nation after being imported from neighbouring countries by the APC, as political mercenaries, to assist it in unleashing violence to rig the 2019 general elections.’’
Meanwhile, Chairman of the Buhari Media Organisation, Niyi Akisiju, has arguments brought forward, saying, “It is now evident that the PDP which has taken its rightful place in the dustbins of our political history is sinking deeper in infamy.”
- Photos: Vehicles Set Ablaze as Hoodlums Attack INEC Office in Enugu
- #BringBackGEJ: Youths Begin Campaign For Jonathan to Contest 2023
- Miyetti Allah Tells Herdsmen to Vacate South South
- You’re on Expired Drugs, Aisha Yesufu Blasts Those Against Southern Governors
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Stealing Human Hair in Ondo
- Breaking: Gunmen Burn Down Police Station, Vehicles in Delta
- Video: Leicester City Players Dance to ‘Over The Moon’ by Dr Sid After FA Cup Victory
- BREAKING: Leicester City Beats Chelsea to Win First FA Cup
- Delta 2023: Next Governor Must be Fair to Anioma Nation – Governor Okowa
- BREAKING: JAMB Announces New Date For 2021 UTME