‘PDP Will Suffer if I leave’ – Wike
Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike has declared that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will suffer if he leaves for another party in the coming future.
The vocal governor stated this on Monday while briefing newsmen in Government House, Port Harcourt, the state’s capital.
Wike’s claim is coming barely a week after his Cross River counterpart, Ben Ayade, decamped to the part for the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
Wike also boasted he would win election no matrer the party he joins, saying the PDP in Rivers State lack political detractor.
Describing himself as an asset to the national opposition party, the governor accused some members of the PDP’s National Working Committee (NWC) of been “tax collectors”.
He said, “If I leave PDP tomorrow, the party will suffer… Some members of PDP NWC are tax collectors. I did not say that all the members of NWC are tax collectors but some of them and I stand by my words.
“Babangida Aliyu is a mole in PDP. They get information from the PDP and send it to the ruling party. I am an asset to PDP if I leave the party today I will win election in any party I find myself.
“There is no political detractor in Rivers PDP as long as the party is concerned. If there is any State PDP is sure of winning election, it’s Rivers State. Aliyu is a political liability to PDP.
“He is not an asset. He once said that the northern governors worked against Jonathan but some of the former PDP governors from the north denied it. I want to tell you that Aliyu opposed the election of Secondus as the National Chairman of PDP only to turn round to support Secondus when he was coasting to victory.
“How can a man who cannot organise ordinary Congress in his State ask PDP National Working Committee, NWC to suspend me?”
Meanwhile, some youth members of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) from the South-West have urged the leadership of the party to pick Rivers State’s Governor Nyesom Wike as Vice-Presidential Candidate in the 2023 elections.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals