Manchester City Manager Pep Guardiola has confessed he fears the Citizens might encounter another slow start this season.
Though, one thing for sure is that there will be no complaints or panic, and will take responsibility for all actions.
Why the fear?
Last year, Man City dropped points in five of their opening eight Premier League games. Due to the pandemic that denied them any significant break or pre-season preparation.
Although, contrary to last year’s, things have been slightly better this summer. Only a few international players have resumed training.
It was surprising how the situation turned around spectacularly last year, as the team went on a 28-game unbeaten streak which ran from late November, giving them command of the title race and ultimately winning it.
Guardiola said he expects the same mental fortitude, as it was four or five weeks for preparation in pre-season.
What has been said
Speaking on the recent acquisition of Jack Grealish, Guardiola said the club spends because they are capable of doing it. They do not spend money when they cannot do it.
Not only do they spend, but they also invest what they can. It is because £60million had been made from the sale of players; the only additional fund was £40million.
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents