There is ecstacy in Ogu-Ama Community In Nembe Local Government Area of Bayelsa state as portable water is brought to the people for the first time in thirty years.
The age long jinx was broken by the
Councillor representing Ward 10 in Nembe LGA, Bayelsa State, Hon Johnson Diete Azibato who carried out a water project in the ommunity as part of his ward projects.
The Councillor erected borehole for the people to make portable water available for them.
Sources say portable water has eluded the one of the people of Ogu-Ama for three decades as they fetch drinking water from the polluted river, well or when it rains.
It was jubilation as elders, women and youths all trooped out to drink from the borehole. They also thanked Hon. Johnson Diete Azibato for carrying out such people-oriented project.
Quizzed on why he embarked on the project, Hon Johnson simply explained that portable water is what the community has always wanted.
“It wasn’t easy carrying out such project, bringing material to the location was a very difficult task but I told myself this must be done. How can a community like this not have borehole for over 30 years, am happy that I achieved this, am happy that the community people are happy” he said.
See photos of the project
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari