A federal lawmaker representing Funtua/Dandume Federal Constituency, Honorable Mukhtar Muhammad Dandutse has reportedly shared expired bags of rice to his constituents for Ramadan.
Katsina Post reported that the expired rice grains were packaged in a maize sack and was first shared by one Yahaya Shehu, a neighbour of the lawmaker who got a bag of the Ramadan package from the lawmaker.
Shehu, who wrote in Hausa, stated he received his share of the Ramadan package as a neighbour of Dandutse, thanking the lawmaker for the kind gesture.
Dandutse has since been under fire from Nigerians on social media platforms since the report was first seen online.
In 2020, Senator Mohammed Musa, a lawmaker representing Niger East District in the Senate, also allegedly distributed poisonous rice as palliative and Ramadan gifts to members of his constituency.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari