Former Nigerian minister of finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala assumed office on March 1,2021 as the Director-General of the World Trade Organization.
Dr Ngozi was confirmed for the role on February 15, 2021 after a long debate.
Her confirmation as Director General of the World Trade Organization makes her the first woman as well as the first African to lead the organization in it’s three decade of existence.
See photos of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s first day at work at her new office.
- Oyedepo Backs Regulation of Social Media
- EFCC Will Prosecute Uzor Kalu Again, Says Bawa
- One Student Killed as Troops Rescue Five Abducted From Kebbi School
- COVID Cases in Africa Increased by 52% in One Week, May Get Worse – WHO
- Police: Van Used To Kidnap Kebbi Students Belongs To a Judge — Bandits Hijacked it From Him
- Buhari is Not Sick, He Moved Round Borno For Six Hours – Ali Ndume
- Insecurity: I Feel Safer in Maiduguri Than Abuja – Ndume
- I Don’t Think Gunmen Who Attacked my School Are Nigerians, Says Kebbi Student
- EndSARS protester, Nicolas Mbah regains freedom after spending several months in kirikiri prison
- Uzodimma Seeks Additional State For South East, Defends Buhari on Restructuring