Police Arrest Fake Lawyer in Osun State
Operatives of the Osun State Police Command have arrested a 35-year-old fake lawyer in the state.
The suspect, identified as Muhammed Aliyu Agbaje, was said to have posed as a lawyer to secure the bail of a suspect in a CP’s surveillance station.
Parading the suspect before newsmen, the state Commissioner of Police, CP Olawale Olokode, said on August 4, one Muhammed Aliyu Agbaje appeared at the CP’s Surveillance station, Obelawo Area, Osogbo to represent and seek for the bail of a suspect who was arrested for the offence of ‘threat to life’ and claimed to have come from the chamber of one Barrister Adeleye in Ibadan.
Olokode said it was detected to be fake and residing at Owode Ede in Osun State. Upon search, some exhibits were recovered from his residence.
The police further revealed that the suspect confessed to have been impersonating to be a lawyer and duping unsuspecting victims.
He said the suspect will be charged to court after the completion of the investigation.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike