A Lebanese national was on Friday arrested by the police command in Plateau, following allegations of child pornography activities.
The arrest of the Lebanese caused mild tension around the Abattoir community, in Jos South Local Government Area.
Daily Report Nigeria gathered the yet-to-be identified suspect was arrested by youths on Thursday night and taken to the Abbatoir police station for interrogation.
Trouble started when the youths returned to the station on Friday morning and Lebanese was nowhere to be found.
The youths accused the police of releasing the suspect in questionable circumstances, a development which led to uproar in the community.
John, one of the angry youths said, “We have an issue about a Lebanese man using girls of age 10-13 to act pornography. He was arrested yesterday (Thursday) but now he is nowhere to be found and the policemen are saying nothing about it.
“The police have refused to release the girls in question. So there is uproar around the station because the youths insist that the girls must be released and that the man must not go free.”
The youths had resorted to throwing stones at the police station before being dispersed by a reinforcement.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, ASP Ubah Ogaba, who confirmed the arrest of the Labanese said he was still in their custody.
He said, “We have not released him. He is still in our custody but the case has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for discreet investigation. Calm has also been restored to the Abbatoir community.”
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari