Nasarawa State Police Command arrested six internet fraudsters during a raid at a hideout in Keffi in Nasarawa State.
A spokesperson for the Command, ASP Rahman Nansel, in his statement on Sunday, 8 August, said they were arrested in the course of a raid at the said hideout in Keffi.
He said, “Sequel to the sustained effort and unwavering commitment of the Nasarawa State Police Command towards actualizing a crime-free state, on 6/8/2021 at about 11:30hrs, based on credible and duly processed intelligence, Police personnel attached to Keffi Area Command raided the hideout of suspected internet fraudsters.”
The fraudsters who were arrested are;
Vincent Damisa, Monday Desmond, Donald Godwin, Henery Chukwuemeka, Emmanuel Ibiala, and Dakuruk Abel.
In addition, ASP Rahman said;
“The suspects rented a four-bedroom apartment at G.R.A, Keffi where they engaged in cybercrime/internet fraud (Yahoo-Yahoo); consequently, a search warrant was executed in the house, which led to the recovery of the following exhibits: twenty-two (22) Laptops, Computer mouse, Laptop chargers and extension boxes.”
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller