Basharu Alhassan, a sergeant, has been shot dead by Ya’u Yakubu, a police inspector attached to the Kano command during an altercation.
The incident happened on Tuesday night in Warawa LGA of Kano state when a fight broke out between the two.
Durring the fight, Yakubu allegedly brought out his gun and shot at Alhassan.
Colleagues of the deceased was said to have rushed him to the Wudil General Hospital, where he was declared dead by the doctors.
Also Read: Suspected Forex Fraudsters Arrested in Kano
spokesman of the Kano state police command, a deputy superintendent of police (DSP), Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa confirmed the incident to TheCable.
According to Kiyawa, Yakubu was angered after the late Alhassan laughed at him because he was transferred out of Warawa LGA.
The spokesman disclosed that the commissioner of police, Sama’ila Shuaibu Dikko, had ordered the transfer of the case to the headquarters for further investigation
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents