Imo State Police command disclosed it has killed three and arrested two suspected members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, during a gun battle in an uncompleted building situated in a valley in Amaifeke, Orlu.
CP Rabiu Hussaini, the state Commissioner of Police, made this known in a statement signed by the spokesperson, Michael Abattam, on Sunday.
The commissioner said, “After diligent gathering of technical intelligence, that members of the proscribed IPOB/ ESN members were sighted planning to resume terror attacks on police formations and government installations in the state at about 1230 hours, the command’s tactical teams immediately mobilized and stormed the hideout out of the group.”
He claimed the members of the proscribed group on sighting the police operatives in their hideout opened fire on them.
Hussaini said, “the gallant and battle ready tactical teams swiftly returned the fire. In the gun duel, three of the hoodlums namely Chidera Nnabuhe, the Orlu Sector Commander of IPOB/ ESN a.k.a “DRAGON”, a native of Umuala Amaifeke in Orlu LGA and two others with a.k.a, J.J and Dadawa both natives of Ohazara in Ebonyi state were neutralized.
“Emeka Sunday age 20 years of Anike in Ohazara LGA of Ebonyi State and Anthony Okeke age 44 years of Umuala Amaifeke Orlu LGA of Imo were arrested while others escaped into the bush with bullet wounds.
“On searching the camp and it’s surroundings, a native goat that have just been slaughtered with the blood drained into a container and rub on their bodies to fortify themselves against police bullet was recovered alongside the following items, two locally fabricated General Purpose Machine Gun(GPMG) , Sixteen Improvised Explosives Devices (I.E.Ds), one English made pump action gun, two locally made Pistols, thirty – seven rounds of live cartridges, three Automatic Machine Guns kick starter and one Bomb detonator.”
- Police Arrest Fake Military Officer With AK-49 Riffle
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra