Operatives of the Delta State Police Command have arrested two suspected ritualists in relation to the murder of a 50-year-old pepper seller.
The victim, identified as Mrs. Patience Komor, a pepper seller in the state, was brutally murdered by a 20-year-old cobbler, Akpoghene Idogo and one Onos Simon.
The suspects after killing the lady, removed some vital organs and buried the body in a shallow grave.
While Simon was arrested two days after the incident, Idogo who fled the area to avoid arrest was arrested in Kwale where he had gone to seek refuge.
Delta state Police Public Relations Officer, Edafe Bright said;
“Following a rip-off, the Divisional Police Officer, Oleh Police Station, Paul Oboware, on August 6, 2021, led a combined team of policemen and some vigilante group to Kwale town, where Akpoghene Idogo was arrested.
“The suspect has been on the run after the alleged murder of the woman who is a pepper seller alongside his friend who was earlier arrested.
“Effort to arrest other suspects who contracted and paid the suspects N100,000 for the dastardly act is ongoing.”
- BREAKING: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Enrolling WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars