Chairman of the house of representatives committee on power, Magaji Aliyu says political ploys is the major problem facing power sector in the country.
Aliyu, while speaking on Wednesday at the third annual general meeting of the Association of Rural Electrification Contractors of Nigeria (ARECON), in Abuja, attributed the crisis in the power sector to inefficient and dynamic policies.
He said “Today, you will hear that a particular part of the ministry of power has been shifted to another organisation, which I believe is an aberration of the concept,”
“For example, Nigeria Bulk Electricity Trading Company, there is a tug of war. Where does the organisation belong? Is it in power or is it in the Ministry of Finance? There is an issue of Hydro-Power Development Authority, is it going to the presidency, or to power?
“I believe that there are political machinations not allowing power sector to grow in this country.”
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller
- Breaking: Former CBN Deputy Governor Mailafa Obadiah is Dead
- Buhari Grieves Over Ex-Algerian President, Comforts Tebboune
- Niger Police Arrest 259 Criminal Suspects