A pregnant woman identified as Blessing Emmanuel, has reportedly stabbed her husband to death as an after-effect of a disagreement between the couple.
The deceased identified as Jonathan Otomi Umamode, was stabbed in the chest by Blessing on Sunday night with a kitchen knife, leading to the death of the former on the spot.
The Acting Police Public Relations Officer of the state, DSP Bright Edafe, who confirmed incident, stated the suspect confessed to the crime upon her arrest.
According to DSP Edafe, the suspect confessed she perpetrated the act out if anger and had no intentions to kill her husband.
He said; “the suspect, who was later arrested is a mother of seven and pregnant with her 8th child, confessed to the crime and said she angrily stabbed her husband who she claimed did not take care of her and the children. That she had been taking care of herself and her kids; she sells fried chicken.
“On that fateful day, according to the suspect, her husband came and demanded she go home with him which she refused. She said the deceased gathered her fried chicken, doused it with kerosene and set it ablaze. She angrily used the knife in her hand to stab the husband in the heart and ran away.”
The corpse of the deceased has since been deposited at the Ughelli Central Hospital mortuary, awaiting autopsy.
According to the police chief, investigation has been initiated into the incident.
- Oyedepo Backs Regulation of Social Media
- EFCC Will Prosecute Uzor Kalu Again, Says Bawa
- One Student Killed as Troops Rescue Five Abducted From Kebbi School
- COVID Cases in Africa Increased – WHO By 52% in One Week, it May Get Worse
- Police: Van Used To Kidnap Kebbi Students Belongs To a Judge — Bandits Hijacked it From Him
- Buhari is Not Sick, He Moved Round Borno For Six Hours – Ali Ndume
- Insecurity: I Feel Safer in Maiduguri Than Abuja – Ndume
- I Don’t Think Gunmen Who Attacked my School Are Nigerians, Says Kebbi Student
- EndSARS protester, Nicolas Mbah regains freedom after spending several months in kirikiri prison
- Uzodimma Seeks Additional State For South East, Defends Buhari on Restructuring