Omotayo Adanlawo, the spiritual son of a cleric has been sentenced to life imprisonment for raping and impregnating the 10-year-old daughter of his spiritual father.
Adanlawo who is also a teacher was jailed by an Ondo State High Court sitting in Akure presided over by Justice Samuel Bola.
Justice Bola said that Adanlawo did not give convincing evidence and testimony to prove his innocence stating that the victim was a “witness of truth” because of the courage and precision in her testimony.
The offence was said to have been committed at the victim’s house at Iju while she was alone and he defiled her with a warning not to tell anyone else she would die.
The story become bare when the victim could not walk properly and doctor’s examination revealed that she had been raped.
The victim was said to have revealed that it was her father’s spiritual son that was responsible for the rape.
The accused was arrested subsequently and arraigned before Justice Bola on a one-count charge of rape punishable under section 358 of the Criminal Laws of Ondo State.
The prosecution led by a state counsel, Stella Adegoke, called five witnesses, but the defendant testified for himself.
Adanlawo, in his statement before the police, said he was sick of hernia and was not medically fit to have sexual intercourse with the girl.
Justice Bola’s judgement stated the prosecution proved there was penetration of the victim and that the defendant gave no medical report to prove his condition as well as any evidence to suggest he was in his house as claimed on the day of the incident.
He therefore, sentenced Adanlawo to life imprisonment in line with Section 358 of the Criminal Laws of Ondo State.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals
- Over 1m Nigerians Completed Voter Registration in 12 weeks – INEC